Patch Notes - Open Beta 0.9.0
Open Beta 0.9.0 is arriving soon!
The update includes the first iterations of our party system and ping system, tons of improvements to matchmaking, a bunch of bug fixes, and more!
Check out Benson's Open Beta dev blog and the full patch notes below for more details.
Main Menu [Matchmaking]
- Bots will now dynamically fill in lobbies after a certain amount of time for faster matchmaking
- Separate matchmaking lobbies on the same region can now combine for faster matchmaking
- Various improvements to matchmaking messaging
Main Menu [Social]
New party system!
- Invite Steam friends to join your party and match together!
- Manage your party through the new social widget
Gameplay [HUD / UI]
New ping system!
- Press "G" to place a ping marker for your teammates!
Features & Tuning
Main Menu [Exiles]
- Reduced the credit cost of unlocking new ability customizations by 90%
Main Menu [Pre-Match]
- Strut your stuff! Players can now use their emotes in the pre-match lobby
- Introduced weapon damage fall-off across several characters
- Introduced weapon recoil to Halley, Hibbs, Sumo, and Ziggy
- Weapon damage drops off to 75% when hitting a target at 100 meters
- Weapon damage drops off to 50% when hitting a target at 50 meters
- Weapon damage drops off to 50% when hitting a target at 30 meters
- Ziggy can now remain scoped while reloading
- Introduced idle sway when aiming down sights, decreasing once a shot is fully charged
Gameplay [Game Modes]
- Updated Capture the Relic visual effects
- Updated Capture the Relic messaging on the HUD
- Made various improvements to grappling mechanics
- Addressed various issues that caused fatal crashes
Main Menu [General]
- Fixed an issue that allowed interaction with other main menu elements when the player profile pop-up is on-screen
- Fixed issue that caused background image to be missing in the post-match loading screen
- Fixed various soft locks caused by pressing the Esc key on a pop-up
Main Menu [Pre-Match]
- Addressed an issue that caused player to encounter error "client not network compatible" when failing to enter a game lobby.
- Fixed alternate loadouts not applying the proper abilities saved in that loadout
- Fixed an issue causing "Join Game Failed" errors after finding a match
- Fixed an issue where the player camera would fall when inside the launch tube at the beginning of a match
- Fixed a soft lock occurring in the Tutorial modes after changing character
- Fixed an issue causing players to enter a state where they're unable to grapple
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck inside a container on Stranded during a Plunder match
- Addressed issue with jump pad on Stranded where players could use jump pad without standing directly on it
- Addressed issue that allowed players to stand under one of the engines on the map
- Addressed an issue where player could stand on top of loot and travel a certain distance via the drone
- Fixed issue that caused some barrels and crates to be extra large
- GoGo's bubble should now block projectile damage as expected
- Addressed issue that caused Sparky to visually persist on teammates